Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Ultimate 80's Music List - Songs 101 - 91

You will notice that this first list is actually 11 songs starting with song number 101. Why is there a song 101 on a top 100 list? Because no 80's list of music can truly exist without the granddaddy of all 80's songs. It's the one song that defined a decade of music and although it's been played more than most songs, it deserves a place at the head of my 80's music table. 


The first thing you'll notice about this starting list is that I've decided to post the first 11 songs without any additional commentary. The next 90 songs, however, will have pertinent info about the reason it was chosen, or just some fact about the band or my experience related to the song. To me it's important to say something, especially as the list gets closer to my top choice. Feel free to skip over my comments, because I promise you they will get longer and longer as we approach number 1 on the list.

Feel free to post a comment. I've turned off the need to sign in or sign up, so if you wish you can post anonymously.

Without further adieu ... Here's my definitive list of 80's songs that shaped my decade. Enjoy.


The Ultimate 80's Music List - Songs 101 - 91



101 - Melt With You by Modern English





100 - Burning Down the House by Talking Heads





99 - Mary's Prayer by Danny Wilson





98 - I Still Believe by The Call





97 - Feels Like Heaven by Fiction Factory





96 - Blue Sky Mine by Midnight Oil





95 - The Promise by When in Rome





94 - Orange Crush by R.E.M.





93 - Higher Ground by Red Hot Chili Peppers





92 - Digging Your Scene by The Blow Monkeys





91 - Shattered Dreams by Johnny Hates Jazz




No comments:

Post a Comment